Prayle Grove Works To Begin From Easter
March 20, 2023
Construction works on Claremont Road, between Claremont Way and Prayle Grove, will begin Monday 3 April until Friday 9 June 2023 (total of nine weeks).
The construction works are being delivered as part of building Brent Cross Town. The purpose of the works is to install utilities (gas, power and water) to enable the delivery of Plot 12, which will be a new affordable residential building to house relocated residents from Whitefield Estate.
To reduce disruption where possible to residents and schools, teams have planned the works to take advantage of Easter school holidays and half term. Works will take place during standard construction hours 8am and 6pm weekdays and 9am to 12pm on Saturdays.
Whilst teams will attempt to keep the noise and length of works to a minimum, here are potential ways you may be impacted:
- Single lane closure on Claremont Road with no diversions anticipated.
- Closure of southern Whitefield Avenue junction (opposite Prayle Grove), with access remaining available from the northern junction (opposite Mapledown School).
- Single footway closure on Claremont Road, with safe pedestrian routes maintained.
- Two temporary bus stop relocations with no route diversions.
Works have also been split into three phases to minimise disruption:
- Phase 1 Monday 3 April 2023 until Friday 5 May 2023: Single lane closure (95m Northbound) with two bus stops being relocated temporarily and temporary traffic lights on Claremont Road between Claremont Way and Whitefield Avenue.
- Phase 2 Monday 8 May 2023 until Monday 29 May 2023: Single lane closure (25m Northbound) with two bus stops being relocated temporarily and temporary traffic lights on Claremont Road between Whitefield Avenue and Prayle Grove.
- Phase 3 Tuesday 30 May 2023 until Friday 9 June 2023: Single lane closure (10m Southbound) with two bus stops being relocated temporarily and temporary traffic lights on Claremont Road between Whitefield Avenue and Prayle Grove.
For more information on the works and if you have any questions, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7617 6359.