Plots 53 and 54 will be the site of 47 new homes, between Brent Terrace and Clitterhouse Crescent in NW2. 30 homes are being built on Plot 53 and a further 17 homes on Plot 54.
A range of two, three, and four-bedroom homes will be built. 31 will be for secure tenants of Whitefield Estate and 16 will be home to resident leaseholders who wish to enter shared equity ownership with our partners L&Q. We also have a dedicated page for Whitefield Estate residents here.
The height of the buildings will be ground floor plus two storeys. There will be 47 parking bays, which is one new space for each of the homes. There will also be a doorstep play area for everyone to use.
Planning permission for the new homes was granted in 2014.
Traffic management on Brent Terrace
To address concerns regarding increased parking issues on Brent Terrace and to prevent non-resident parking in the area in the short-term, the Council has introduced an Experimental Controlled Parking Zone as an interim parking control measure. The Experimental Controlled Parking Zone is in operation every day of the week between the hours of 8am to 10pm. The control hours will be reduced to 9am to 6pm from October 2023.
As part of the Experimental Controlled Parking Zone works, we have installed signage as well as added and refreshed road markings.
More information about the Experimental Controlled Parking Zone and parking at the Brent Cross Cricklewood area can be found here.
Works commenced: 21 June 2020
Contractors: L&Q and Bugler
Working hours: The permitted hours for works are Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, and Saturdays until 1pm.
Current works update:
- We do not expect the new homes to be occupied until the new year. However, construction works are now coming to an end and will be completed in the next few months.
- Teams are currently installing a play area in Plot 54 which will be open to all residents when the new homes are occupied early next year.
- Landscaping works including new footpaths and planting is due to take place in early November, along with new parking bays marked out in the new plots’ car parks.
- We will be paving the public footpath outside both plots on Brent Terrace up to the existing substation over the next four weeks. Some diversions will be in place temporarily. However, both the footpath and the road will remain open at all times.
- We will also be replacing the kerbs along the front of the site, these works take around three weeks to complete and will start in early November.
- Although residents will not move into their new homes until the new year, over the coming months you may notice some activity from site visits and viewings.
Resident Liaison Officer: Helena O’Keeffe is the Bugler Team Resident Liaison Officer for this development. Helena can be contacted on 01923 777 988 or 07706 350 588 or via email at HelenaOKeeffe@bugler.co.uk.
Construction Traffic Management Plan
An amended construction traffic management plan for Plots 53 and 54 has been approved by Barnet Council’s planning department for consideration, this followed two meetings in May 2021 to talk about how construction traffic and noise will be managed. You can see slides from the presentation here.
L&Q has developed a factsheet that summarises the detail of their construction traffic management plan. You will find this factsheet here. You can read the full construction traffic management plan via the Barnet Council planning portal. The application reference is 20/5123/CON.
NMA – change to layout of replacement homes
L&Q submitted an application (known as a section 96A or ‘Non Material Amendment’) to Barnet Council. This includes some minor changes to the plots and hard and soft landscaping specifications for the replacement homes on Plots 53 and 54.
This factsheet gives an outline of the details in the application which has been approved by Barnet Council’s planning team.