These highways improvement works are now complete.
The purpose of the improvements at the Cricklewood Lane/Claremont Road was to deliver additional capacity for vehicles travelling through the junction, particularly from Cricklewood Lane to the west and Claremont Road to the north. It will also help to reduce congestion and delays on the roads improving air quality and decreasing journey times.
These highways improvement works were carried out by Conway Aecom at the Claremont Road / Cricklewood Lane / Lichfield Road junction, NW2.
Work completed: July 2020.
Contractors: Conway Aecom
- Widening Cricklewood Lane to provide a dedicated left turn lane into Claremont Road
- Installation of new traffic signals and street lighting
- New footways and highway surfaces on the junction
- Eastern footway on Claremont Road ,and the southern footways of Cricklewood Lane at the junction with Lichfield Road, improved to accommodate the next phase of works to widen the junction
- Works on Cricklewood Lane, between the Cricklewood Station entrance and Claremont Road, to widen the junction, and add new pedestrian crossings and an additional lane.
Cadent Gas works: A temporary traffic management will be in place in Cricklewood Lane, at the junction with Claremont Road, from 19-27 June. It will consist of four-way temporary traffic signals, with the bus stop in Cricklewood Lane and nearby parking bays suspended for the duration. Access for pedestrians shall be maintained and routes will be clearly signed. This work is not part of the Brent Cross Cricklewood regeneration programme but is to allow essential works by Cadent Gas.