Brent Cross Town
Brent Cross Town is the new park town for future London, at the heart of the development. It will be served by the new Brent Cross West station.
A new high street in the centre of the development will provide a mix of shops and restaurants in attractive new public spaces; it will be a place where people can enjoy spending time both during the week and at the weekend. A cluster of new office buildings around the new Brent Cross West station, as well as flexible small business spaces adjacent to the new high street, will make Brent Cross Town a great place to work or start a business.
It is envisaged that the town will be the place in London to participate in sport and play: with extensive new indoor facilities and enhanced park-land, Brent Cross Town will provide the best of both traditional and emerging sports, working with leading sports organisations, governing bodies and hero ambassadors to help drive sport participation, particularly female participation, and champion diversity and inclusion.
Brent Cross Town will launch a Flourishing Index which will pioneer the measurement of how individuals and communities flourish in a town centre. Partnering with Manchester University and Buro Happold, this represents a landmark, people-focused approach to designing for both physical and mental wellbeing.
The town aims to be a net zero carbon town by 2030 at the latest. This will be achieved by driving down the embodied carbon in buildings and infrastructure, targeting ‘fossil-free’ generation of our on-site energy supplies, and offsetting the remainder.
Brent Cross Town will deliver:
- Up to 6,700 new homes which will be a mix of affordable homes, rentals and homes for sale
- A new town centre in the heart of the neighbourhood, with a high street offering a mix of shops, cafés and restaurants
- New office space (up to 3 million square feet), providing over 25,000 jobs
- Improved connections, with the new Brent Cross West station connecting to central London and Brent Cross London shopping centre
- Three schools will be rehoused in brand new buildings, including an expanded Claremont Primary School
- Better walking and cycle routes
- New squares, parks with inspiring places for children to play, and green spaces and amenities for people of all ages to enjoy
- New indoor sports and play facilities.
For information about the Brent Cross Town development including forthcoming consultations, and to register for updates, please visit brentcrosstown.co.uk
Find out more about Brent Cross Town construction works
March 2022 Construction Update: Brent Cross Town (page 4)
December 2021 Construction Update: Brent Cross Town (page 4)