Join us at Summer in the Park
July 10, 2023
This Saturday (15 July) Brent Cross Town will be hosting a community event to celebrate the five-year anniversary of the Brent Cross Town Community Fund and announce the winners of the ‘people projects’ vote.
The celebration will take place at Claremont Park from 12pm to 5pm and the four winners of the ‘people’s project’ awards will be announced at 2pm.
This event is open for everyone to attend and celebrate together, so bring your family and friends and come along. The day will include a range of activities and entertainment for all ages, see the full programme below:
Activities (all are free and no booking is required):
- Live music (12pm to 4.30pm). The celebrations will kick off and continue with steel pan music by local heroes Solid Steel.
- Latin Dancing workshop with LatinaDancerUk (12.30 to 1.30pm). Get moving with local resident Tina Delgado who will lead a fun session of Latin dancing.
- Amazing Facepainting by Jojo (12pm to 5pm). Sam from Amazing Facepainting by Jojo will create beautiful designs from butterflies to princesses, superheroes to tigers and will bring colour and joy to the festival.
- Arts and Crafts with artist Holly (12pm to 3pm) and (3.30pm to 5pm). Create colourful summer bunting and masks to take home with you. Suitable for all ages (though under 5s may require your helping hands!).
- Henna art by Henna Artisans (12pm to 4pm). Sama, an experienced Henna Artist of Indian origin, will bring the delight of her creative Henna Art to the day. The henna is natural and non-permanent.
- Games with F.U.S.E Youth Project (12pm to 5pm). The Community Fund recipients will be hosting social games and test your sporty skills! The games will be set on the grass in front of the art and craft cabin.
- Skateboarding with Keep Rolling Project (12pm to 5pm). The Community Fund recipients will be running a free taster session for all the family (ages 5+) to try skateboarding for the first time.
- Bubble workshop with Maxwell the Bubbleologist (12 to 5pm). Watch Maxwell make huge, beautiful bubbles and maybe have a go at making some yourself.
- Play Ukulele with The London Ukulele Project (2.30 to 4.30pm). A non-profit group that uses the ukulele to bring people together. Prepare to learn a chord and perform with a group.
- Gussy’s Ice Cream Parlour (11am to 5pm). Enjoy a sweet treat of baklava and a selection of ice creams and soft drinks from Claremont Park’s much-loved ice cream parlour.
- Grab an award-winning coffee from Cricklewood Coffee Roasters who will be serving their blends from (8am to 3pm).
- You can order a delicious pizza from the popular Happy Face Pizza. They will be open from 11.30am to 10pm on Saturday.
- Try home-baked fresh goods from Karma Bread Bakehouse which will be open between 9am to 4pm on Saturday.
- Spruce & Larch cafe can be found inside the Visitor Pavilion and is open every day from 9am to 5pm.
Getting to Claremont Park
If you’re visiting the area, please remember that we encourage all our visitors to walk, cycle or use public transport where possible.
If you have to drive, please visit bxt.uk/parking before you visit to find out more.
Brent Cross Town’s summer programme this year will kick off on 22 July to 3 September, more information can be found here.